Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

July 10, 2009

eighty-fourth

6 miles
48min


Nothing super exciting. I have a 10 miler scheduled for today, and I need 15 total for the rest of the week (through Saturday).

If I can keep on target through the next week, I'll be able to relax and then have some motivation from watching the world championships in Aug.

This coming week will be strange because of the 18 mile long run and only 40 miles total. I don't like having a long run that takes up almost 50% of the weekly mileage, but that's what comes when the mileage increase is slower than the long run increase. It will even out once I get up to 50-55 miles/week, but until then, it just seems ridiculous. I wonder how much good is done by the short runs that surround that long run. I know they help collectively, but I wonder.
Obviously it would be ideal to be running at least 60 miles/week throughout training.
The a 20 mile long run would still be surrounded by decent length runs.
For example:

60 mile week
S - 8
M - 9
T - 8
W - 10
Th - off
F - 20
S - 5

as opposed to:

40 mile week

S - 4
M - 4
T - 5
W - 4
Th - off
F - 20
S- 3


anyways. That's all. obvious, but still. Unless I want to be smart and spend a year building up my mileage before increasing my long runs past 12 or 13 miles, then this is what I'm stuck with.

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculous = fun. Now get running.
    I was going to give you some smack talk about "only" running 40 mile weeks, but I'm showing restraint....I'll be happy when I get back to 20...

    ReplyDelete