Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

May 07, 2009

thirty-eighth

4miles. 31:30.
8x8sec steep hill sprints.

The sprints were not nearly as draining as they have been the last couple weeks. Perhaps that means I am getting in better shape. I am hoping so. I didn't want to be doing sprints, since tomorrow I am hoping to go for a 9 or 10 mile run. I need to stick with the goal workout order:
Sunday: Long run
Monday: short easy run and steep hill sprints
Tuesday: Moderate run
Wednesday: Moderate run w/hills
Thursday: Easy run
Friday: Tempo run
Sat. Off

Obviously I am no where near that.

I think that's the order. I was (again) trying to stick with Brad Hudson's Run Faster workout order. The idea is to have the right recovery time before key workouts. You have to have enough rest before a long run and tempo run, etc in order to get the most out of those workouts and in order to run hardest on those tough days.
Makes sense to me, but right now, I am glad to get the running in whenever I can.
Once June comes and the official 20 week training block begins, I will try and keep a little more structure to the week.



I have been taking multivitamins. I don't know if they help me stay healthy and avoid colds and all that. Hmmm. Not much else to say there. We'll see how much they help.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you have a LONG RUN on the schedule. Seriously, you must be training for a marathon or somethin... :)

    ReplyDelete