Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 27, 2009

twenty-ninth

Well...I have to say that that Sammy Wanjiru is impressive. That was an understatement. I can almost not comprehend someone so young just going out and running the races and times that he has been running for the past year. 
The Evolution Running dvd compares the east African runners and their efficient strides to other runners around the world and their often (although very slightly) less efficient strides.
Point being, yes. These top marathoners that keep running high 2:04 to 2:06 consistently have the most fluid stride. It is beyond me how they can make a 4:40 mile look like brisk jog. So smooth.

I need a stride like that. I hope to make some sort of make-shift camera mount for my bike so I can take turns with my wife riding next to each other and getting video of our strides. I don't know how it will look, but if I get anything cool, I'll put it up on here.

I ran 6 miles today. A warm up mile in 8 min. 4 miles in 26min. and a cool down mile in 9 min.

My hip was hurting a bit towards the end. Since I am trying to run flat footed, with shorter strides, I know that the hips are doing more work (the work that the thighs used to be doing). Hopefully the pain is just from that transition. That would make sense, with a hard workout today and only 2 weeks of trying to change my stride.

I'll have to respond to my sweet tag tomorrow. I a little tired and have to work early. But I look forward to sharing lists of 8. Wonderful lists. I will try not to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment