Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 25, 2009

twenty-eighth

4.5 miles. 35:30

Since I am the running scientist, I pushed through the extra half mile (4.5 instead of 4) just so that I could say on my rest week that I reduced my weekly milage by 30%.
Is 30% the right number for a good rest week? I don't know, but I didn't run yesterday, and I didn't feel up to a 7 miler just to get the weekly mileage up to 20 miles for this week, so I settled on 30%.

The run felt fine after I got out there. Actually, I'm not sure if the run felt good or if I was just excited that I made it out there for one more run and didn't flake out and rationalize a 13 mile week when I was originally aiming for 20.

London marathon. Gotta love the major marathons. Sammy Wanjiru is hoping to run world record pace. Ritz is trying to PR by 5 minutes. Martin Lel is trying to won his 4th London in a row. 
With 1/10th of the hype that Boston got, this race is sure to exceed expectations.
Hopefully Runners World has live coverage like they did for Boston. 




1 comment:

  1. srsly, dude, slow down, you're going to get pulled over or something....35:30 is a rest run?

    ReplyDelete