Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 28, 2009

thirtieth (Mizuno shoe test. Free tech t-shirt. oops. Dropped my apartment key in the toilet)

5 miles. 40 min.

I felt sluggish today. Definitely tired from yesterday and just needing to get through 5 miles. I'm glad I didn't rationalize turning around sooner than I hoped.

I went to this running store (not boulder running company, and not runner's roost. I can't remember) so that I could check out the mizuno truck in the parking lot where they measure your feet and arches and analyze your gait and those things. Then they recommend mizunos that work for your foot type. Different from the treadmill stride analysis you can get at a lot of running stores. It was helpful to see my foot print picture and study how my knees bend when carrying weight... 
And they give you a free tech t-shirt for being there.

 I have always liked mizunos. I wore mizuno track spikes ( well, I wore them after using the purple pair of Nike track spikes for my first few years. Those purple nikes are a right of passage, I think. At least for those of us who are young enough to miss wearing converse all-stars for the 800m.)
I think I like them cause I think they are cool. Actually, I know that that's why I like mizunos. I am almost positive that sometime in the future, I will buy a pair of training shoes that are Mizunos even if they hurt my feet, and I'll end up getting injured because of it. Stupid, I know. I was hoping that confessing this out loud and/or in typing might steer me toward a more rational shoe picking method.

Getting wordy. I'll finish quick:
Got home from the run, pulled the single apartment key out of the small key pocket in my running shorts.
Once inside, I went strait to the bathroom and sat down...a few seconds later, I brushed the hair out of my eyes and at that moment the key slipped out of my hand and right into the toilet.
That was fun. Fishing it out was even more fun. 
Not that funny of a story. I guess you had to be there. I'm glad you weren't. Awkward.






1 comment:

  1. ahhh fishing, who doesn't enjoy a relaxing day at the lake? Hope you caught a big one! uhh sorry bout that....

    ReplyDelete