Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

March 19, 2009

third

20 min. 2.5 miles.

2 things.
1. I think it is great to run with other people at least once a week. It helps the time go by if I'm not feeling up for the run, and you think about different things when running with other people. Sometimes I am talking with them, so in that case, my mind is focused on the conversation at hand. Other times it is just their presence that causes me to pay more attention to the route that we are running. When I run by myself, I can turn or stop or turn around at any moment without even thinking about it myself, but with a running partner, both of our runs are considered when the route is changed midway through, or when you come to a fork in the path.

I run with my wife every week or so. While we don't share the same pace, I think it is quite easy to run together because we either stay together, or I'll go on ahead and then turn around after a 100 or 200 meters and come back around, or we'll go opposite directions around the ponds and say things like "good work" as we pass. It doesn't take much effort at all to run with others who are at different paces.

2. What do you (meaning, just me for now, since I am the only one reading this blog, but perhaps others in the future) think about running for time vs. running for distance? Are you comfortable with estimating your distance or estimating your time? Do you run a precisely measured course every time, with a stopwatch?

I use to run only when I knew the distance I was running and when I had a watch to record the time. I just HAD to know how fast I was going. No cutting corners. No estimates.
But now I am more relaxed and I am alright with just having my easy running be based on the amount of time I am out there and I try and stick to an 8 min/mile pace. As marathon training progresses, I know that the amount of time that a runner spends running plays a significant role (in fitness, in injury prevention, etc)

I will be running with a friend tomorrow. He's hoping to run a marathon in the fall as well. Tomorrow will probably consist of a longer(ish) run, between 6 and 8 miles. Hopefully it won't be too long before an 8 mile run seems really short.

No comments:

Post a Comment