Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 14, 2017

Back!! 3/27-4/5

35 mile week. 9 mile "long run" in 74:50. That run took quite a bit of focus, since I'm old enough to have a kid that can ride his bike while I run 9 miles and all I need to do is just remind him to not swerve unexpectedly around all the elderly folks on the trail.

After that week, a few extra days got me through the first vf1K ever. Along with that diet plan, I ran 300 miles over that 100 day period. It took some extra effort since I started from zero running and needed to build up, and I also had a sick week that killed my weekly average mileage. 21 miles a week for 14+ weeks, thoughj... that's a great jump start to getting back in shape.

Anyways, after a rest week last week, I'm pushing for 40 miles this week. I'd feel better about my 11 mile long run tomorrow if I didn't have to be on the lookout for the highline canal rapist.
Maybe I'll stay closer to home, we'll see.

Can't wait to see how this first 40 mile week feels. My hope it to not hurt myself and be able to maintain this level through the summer. Maybe focus in on some 5k pace stuff, we'll see.
I did a 1 mile time trial back in early January in 6:53. Then another in late January at about 6:10. I need to do another time trial to get a baseline for pacing workouts this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment