Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

March 26, 2017

Double Digits! (3/19-3/26)

32 miles for the week, thanks to an 11 mile run this afternoon. Cool temps and a light rain mid-run both helped push me through in about 1:36:07. 

I'm too sore. Back, ankles, toes, hammies. This quality of muscle soreness is typically reserved for days of 20+ miles, but I can get there in just 11 now.  One reason is that 90% of my running over the last 3 months has been on a treadmill at Planet Fitness, so even a flat, packed dirt trail is unpredictable in comparison (requiring the use of all shapes and sizes of muscles I forgot existed). The main reason though: I'm heavier  than I was 8 years ago, and 3 months is not long enough to magically re-create the best shape of my life.


Week recap: 3.5, rest, 3.5, 6, 4, 4, 11. Plus 2 miles total of cooldown walking. I've started walking after most runs, even for just a quarter mile. It's added up to 15 total miles of walking over the last 13 weeks, which is pretty great all things considered.


Next week: 32-34. Then a rest-ish week.


No comments:

Post a Comment