Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

January 25, 2010

Birthday run...sounded good on paper

Not my Birthday, but my wife's on Saturday. Being born on 1/23, she thought that a birthday run of 123 minutes would be a terrific way to end one age and enter the next. Precisely at the moment of birth. So that meant a 123 minute run at 6:30am.

Cold. Too early. Too long (considering the amount of running I have been doing lately). But fortunately for me, we had babysitter Grandma watch the young man, and I was free to be there for all 123 glorious minutes.

The GPS lost the satelite around 3 miles in, so no official distance, but probably somewhere in the 11.5 mile range.



I've been running more than just this though. I haven't been as diligent with my record keeping. I think I mentioned the mile time trial we did on New Year's Day. That seems like a good tradition to start. I planned on doing more of those. Perhaps once a month, but we'll see. I need to get signed back up for the RMRR, but in the meantime, I'll just keep watching more episodes of Man vs. Wild on Netflix (instant streaming for the first 3 seasons). Never know when I might get stuck out in the Rocky Mountains, lost, cold, in the wee hours of the morning and need to know what raw anomal parts are good to eat.

New Balance signed Jenny Barringer, the awesome runner that went to CU and went to school in Boulder and got her degree at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Let's take this moment to remember a few of the awesome distance runners to come through CU:

-Kara Goucher
-Adam Goucher
- Alan Culpepper
-Shayne Culpepper
-Steve Slattery
-Sara Slattery
-Jorge Torres
-Edwardo Torres
-Dathan Ritzenhein
-Brent Vaughn
-Tera Moody
-Allie McLaughlin (well, will be soon. The true freshman took 5th at NCAA cross 2 months ago)
-Billy Nelson

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but still a good list...

 All of this reminded me to be excited about runners running fast times this year, since it isn't a championship year. Hopefully we get some new American records and /or build on last  year's success.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer Man vs Food.

    Also, shouldn't it be like 12310 minute run? or maybe 1232010? I like the idea, but it means a twelve hour run for me. I prefer twelve minutes.

    ReplyDelete