Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

March 23, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year

Well, it usually is.
Spring is the best time for running. Followed closely by fall. Then summer. Then winter.

But Colorado has its own way of doing things, so today's spring run included a mile or so of running with one eye closed to keep out the snow.

3 in 19:40


I have plans to run the BolderBoulder 10k. Hopefully I get signed up early for the volunteer thing (help the day before and get a free race entry, or something like that. I've never done it).


I've been pretty lazy with the running. Not so much that I haven't run at all, but as I've mentioned a million times on this blog, I'm not a big fan of running in bad weather. And our apartment complex has been renovating the fitness center off and on since november, so no treadmill. (I sound like my son after he sees me holding his bottle, but I'm still across the room so he has to wait 3.4 seconds before he get his little hands on it... waaaaaaa!!) Oh well. Today's run was an informal test. So I've still got some fitness (and plenty of complaining) left in me.

Lesson from all this is: After working really hard and running your first marathon, you better have some serious motivation for the 5 months after.
Ace knows what I'm saying. He just goes from 5k to 100 mile trail run in 2 years. Speaking of, I better get running, cause it doesn't look like he's bailing on the leadville thang...I was hoping he would get cold feet and opt for the leadville 14 mile fun run, and I could pace him through the last 800 meters or so.

2 comments:

  1. Yea, and I think that he is planning on you to get him up and down a few tough stretches. Glad to hear that you are still "in."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, we all know you will have to run backwards hopping on one leg just to go slow enough to stay with me, but you still have to do it. And carry a portable refrigerator for my drinks...

    ReplyDelete