Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

December 01, 2009

Still getting in a few miles sometimes...

5 miles today!
It's deceptive when all you tell someone is that you ran 5 miles today. 5 miles could mean anything. I could be tapering for that half marathon I mentioned a while back, having built upon the training I did since March. Nope.
I could be really out of shape, having not run at all since the marthon 6 weeks ago, but 5 miles makes it sound like I am "still running." Nope.
I could be somewhere in between that. Yes.
I've ran about 65 miles since the marathon. Not a great weekly average, but enough to still be running and still have a shot at sustaining fitness through the winter. That's what I am hoping for right now.

So I have ran quite a few workouts with some element of speed. 400m repeats. An 800 or mile thrown in the middle of an easy run. Those kinds of things. I't nice to do some of that. I still haven't run anything longer than 8.5 miles since October, so hopefully I can schedule a long run in before the end of 2009. Weather permitting.

1 comment:

  1. 5 miles is just the right amount...especially for fitness, I agree!

    ReplyDelete