Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

October 26, 2009

First post-Marathon run

4 miles 32:15

Wow. That was not very much fun...I waited 4 days, and when I finally got out for a run, it made me want to wait another 4 days...

I felt ok for the first couple miles. I walk a lot at work, so I figured my legs were recovering fine, but by the end of my 4 miles, my calves felt worse than at the end of the marathon. So tight and sore.

I'm cutting myself some serious slack when it comes to running right now. I didn't think I would rest this much, but now it's been 8 days, and I think I'll be ok coming back tomorrow or in a couple days. Probably sorter runs for this week. I had my eye on a cheap half-marathon in pueblo this december, but we'll see.

Anyone else familiar with the post marathon running pain? probably not that 50 marathons in 50 days guy...

3 comments:

  1. I've just given up running for seven days after every marathon or ultra. I'm older and it's just not worth it. I will walk or do yoga. However, I do come back strong and I've done two maratons back to back this year so I think I did the recovery thing in the right way...for me anyway! Hope your pain goes away quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post-marathon pain, yeah about that. It stinks. Thats all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm new to running (my first 5K is on Sunday) so I have nothing to contribute other than.."Thanks for being an inspiration to me."

    ReplyDelete