Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

September 27, 2009

one-hundred thirty-second through one-hundred thirty seventh

6 in 47:30
10 in 1:08:00 (warm up, 9 in 60min, cooldown - on a treadmill)
7 in 57:35
7 in 48:18 (warm up mile, 6 in 40:20ish minutes)
4 in 31:45
11 in 1:23:36 (6 at E pace, 3 in 20min, 2 at E pace)

Not the 55 miles I thought I might try for, but I decide to just make sure to get in plenty of faster running. 18 total miles at goal marathon pace. 50 hours at work, so that made it tricky to get in all the running. It makes it more manageable knowing that there are only about 6-7 workouts left before the taper.
I would have started the taper one wed or thurs this week, but since I haven't reached my mileage goals, I figured I get one more "fitness" test in on a week from today. I'll run that last long run tomorrow or tuesday, and then do "Yasso 800's next Sunday. I never took the time to look at what Yasso 800's were until this last week. They are from runnersworld. Basically, they are a fitness test for the marathon, where you pick your goal marathon finish time, say, 4:00:00, and you run corresponding 800's. So: 1 800 in 4min, then jog for 4 min. Doing a total of 10 800's. If you can complete the workout, then supposedly you can handle the pace. So for a 3:30 marathon goal, you would run 3:30 800's, for a 3hr marathon goal, you would run 3:00 800's.
Perhaps it is just cute math. I don't really care that much. I figured I do them 2 weeks before the race and see how they work for me.

But then, I'll be tapering. Really tapering, with the reduced mileage and all the rest and everything else. None of this training right through til 4 days before race day. I'll enjoy the tapering.

No comments:

Post a Comment