Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

August 14, 2009

one-hundred eighth, one-hundred ninth (Long Run), one-hundred tenth

4.25 in 34:00
22 in 2:51:40
4 in 32:00


I took a day off before the long run, which helped. I went for 22 miles cause well, if you're going to go for 20, then what's 2 more?
Flat, packed dirt trail. Out and back. Not super warm, meaning, pretty good temperatures. 
I felt great for the first 14-15 miles, but by then I'd eaten my granola bar and drunk the 20ish ounces of powerade I had carried with me and I was getting thirsty. It definitely affected the run. I would have chugged 24 ounces of water by mile 18 if I had it, and wouldn't have felt anything sloshing around in my stomach, cause I was hot and ready to be done. 
Regardless, I learned more about long running and what it takes. It was good to cover more distance. I'm not sure if I will do any longer runs than 22 for the rest of this training. I'll be tempted, but who knows.
It's a confidence builder to have 2 20 milers in already. 
6 miles tomorrow to finish out the 45 mile week.

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh dude, you've heard of hydration right? You should try it out. Also my wife wants updates of a different kind! :)

    ReplyDelete