Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 13, 2009

nineteenth

4miles. 32min.
6x8sec steep hill sprints. 

I am in decent aerobic shape, but in terrible strength/speed/neuromuscular shape.
The sprints (which I didn't do at all last week like I was planning on)  wore me out, even though they are 8 seconds long and I only did that one small set.
I plan on getting these sprints in after 2 runs per week. Probably no more than 6- 8 sprints each time, and I won't have them extend much longer than 8-12 seconds. 

Tomorrow I'll run 3 miles, half of which will be on a steady uphill. I am recognizing my need for strength training in the form of 1.) the steep hill sprints 2.) longer hilly sections in my easy/moderate runs and 3.) trail runs. I live near the foothills, so I might as well take advantage of the scenery. 


Oh, and hopefully on friday I 'll get my 8 mile "long" run in on a section of the Denver Marathon course, just to check out parts of it. My wife's suggestion. A good one in my opinion. 
The course is flat and city asphalt. Nothing super exciting, but it is still the race I am leaning toward running.
It is $90, though. I know all marathons cost a decent amount of money, but that price is if you sign up by the end of May! It's $100 if you sign up by the end of August. I want to register and be committed to running the marathon, but not by the end of May. A lot can happen between then and the race...like me doing something dumb with my training, hurting myself, and then not training for 4 weeks in August.
I'll have to see.

1 comment:

  1. SIGN UP NOW OR I WILL TAUNT YOU MERCILESSLY! :)
    /hugz

    ReplyDelete