Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

June 01, 2010

BolderBoulder 2010k

I ran my fourth 10k ever yesterday, and it turned out to be a good day. I ran with my wife and she ran well (in spite of less than ideal training the past couple months). It was a turning point for her, since she decided to sign up for the Denver Marathon. It was the 10 dollar discount (if you signed up at the expo tent) that helped the decision process.


I didn't sign up. I never planned to, since it's fun to be a spectator every once in a while, especially for someone's first marathon.

I think I will get my act together, though. I ran a trail run on mother's day and that was enjoyable. About 4-5 miles if I remember correctly. With yesterday's race over with, it makes you want to train and race a bit more. That's not news to most runners, but seeing as how I race infrequently, I enjoy that post-race motivation a little more than those that run a race every other weekend.

After running the race with 54,000 others, the elite runners were fun to watch. I wore adequate sunscreen, so I didn't get burned while sitting in the CU football stadium under direct sunlight for a couple hours. The women's elite winner ran away from the field (she was the defending BolderBoulder champ) with the second fastest course time ever. On the men's side the 3 Ethiopian team members beat the rest of the field by 40 seconds, and they finished the last 200m holding hands so that they crossed the finish line at the same time (give or take a few hundreths of a second, according to the official results). the next finished was Brent Vaughn, former CU cross country and track runner, as well as a Smoky Hill high school stand out. He has only been running professionally for about 2 years now, so it was a good finish, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment