Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 05, 2010

Oops. Consistently inconsistent. But I'm volunteering!

Struggling to run most days, but that's ok, cause I ran today, and will have (almost) no excuse not to run over the next 3 days.
5 miles in 39:45

We'...uh oh.
I better wait to post, since the NCAA men's basketball championship is on right now. I don't want people to see me posting and think that I am not watching. I'm not watching, but still.

Running is always better when the weather is cool, breezeless, and the sun is out later in the evening. Ben Franklin, or whoever started this Daylight Saving Time business must have been a distance runner.

Check out the video of Chelsey Sviensson setting the new Texas High School women's 2 mile record of 10:07. (I spent 20 minutes learning about SEO, and I'm a big fan of www.flotrack.org, so I linked appropriately. I think.
In honor of her accomplishment, let's all run a 10:07 2-miler tomorrow.

I volunteered to help pass out fliers (or something like that) for the Bolder Boulder in exchange for a free race entry. Since the price is a lot more than your average 10k race, and the post-race massages are alone worth the entry fee, I figure that it's a good deal. We'll find out.
I'm still not sure what qualifying wave I'll be in for the staggered start. I'll be using my marathon time (ridiculous. A marathon time 7 months ago is a fantastic predictor of your current 10k fitness), but will get put in a wave after my volunteering is done, so who knows how that might look.

No comments:

Post a Comment