Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

March 30, 2010

Do you LIKE Running: The Test

8.5 in 1:09:10

It's always great to finish a run. Right before, and during, it's not nearly as much fun, but afterward, great.
I have a small confession:


I've probably had a "fun run" 3-4 times ever. The fun has always been in the accomplishment of running a long distance, or fast, or just in being in shape, etc.

I'm sure some people include these things as part of running, but there is a big difference. Some people actually like the running part. The feel of the earth as it passes beneath their feet. The burn in the quads as they bulldoze up a steep trail. I can't relate. Sometimes the view at the top of the mountain trail run is great, but if it wasn't for the training plan, I'd rather drive.


Which of these do you find yourself saying more often:

"That was a great run!" or "It was great to get that run in today!"

I think it makes all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm new to your blog. I agree that sometimes the only part that feels good is getting the run accomplished. But for me, most of the time it's the run itself that I enjoy. I like pushing myself to work hard on something just because I want to, with no pressure from anybody else to do well, to try harder, etc. I run for me, so I enjoy the whole time.

    ReplyDelete