Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

October 16, 2009

one-hundred forty seventh

4 miles in 30:50

Good run. The rest/days off have been helpful. Hard to run slow.

I tested out my new shirt. Clearance from RunnersRoost. No problems.
Short sentences reflect how I am going down a checklist before the marathon. Don't want to forget anything. So far, so good.


I have run about 50 miles on my shoes. I bought them a little later than I wanted to because they didn't have them when I went into the store at the end of September and they shipped in a pair from a store across town. And I just mentioned my new shirt, so I'm definitely living marathoning life on the edge. Not only that...but I am buying a new pair of headphones tomorrow...Could it get any worse? Anything could go wrong. Chaffing. awkward fitting headphones. foot pain.

Probably not though. Hopefully not. My plan was to introduce these things so that when I get too tired, I can have excuses for the race not going well. On a serious note, I don't really know how long most people like to have their shoes before racing in them. I thought 50 miles was enough, but really, I have no idea. It was a round number.

No comments:

Post a Comment