Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

August 09, 2009

one-hundred sixth

12 miles in 1:33:30

First 45 mile week. Everything recently has been a "first." I suppose that that is how it goes for first time marathon running. building mileage and building long run distance. Obviously it is enjoyable and some people just keep going once they run a marathon they run a 50 miler, then a 100 miler and so on. It is fun to keep running more mileage and longer long runs.

This has been one of the few weeks that I have ran all 7 days. I just couldn't get out the door for long enough runs each time. and it all added up with the need to run 12 miles on the last day. It turned out ok because I don't think it helps me as much to be spreading out the miles over a lot of individual runs. I almost did a 2-a-day session late in the week to avoid going out for any longer than 50 minutes. Hmmm. 8 runs in one week...ok if you are running 70 miles...not as good (at least in my uninformed opinion) when only running 45. At least for marathon training.


I have another 20 miler this next week. A 45 mile week is less daunting when you know that 20 of those miles are wrapped up in that one long run. I look forward to a couple weeks from now, breaking another mental barrier with a 50 mile week. For some reason 50 just sounds like a larger accomplishment than 45. We'll see.

In other news (assuming, again, that you don't visit runnersworld.com very often), Alan Webb is joining Alberto Salazar's group of runners in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment