Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

July 13, 2009

eighty-sixth (Long run #4)

Having more than just running to do, the last 2 runs were "crammed in."

4 miles in 32:00 last night at 10pm
18 miles in 2:24:00 this morning at 8:15 am

A new route for the long run. Near the apartment, since I had to leave for work by 11:15 today. It included long stretched of uphill and down hill running. nothing incredibly intense, but significant elevation changes, and I think it made for a great training run.

Hot weather. Not super hot, but the kind of cloudless morning before a day with a high of 89. I carried a small water bottle. My wife met me just before mile 11 with more water and PB and J, and then again before mile 17 to get me through the home stretch.

I spent very little time waiting for traffic lights, almost none at all. This waiting is one of the reasons that I dislike doing long runs (or any runs at all) that encounter intersections. Not easy. I end up running in circles and back and forth a lot. Today's run encouraged me to map out more routes and just deal with any delays, since they aren't usually very significant (no less annoying, but doable).

Oh, and this was a new personal distance record for me. My previous longest run was 17 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously dooooood, you need to watch yourself. 18 in 2:24? You are right on the borderline of, "I'm going to find you and I'm going to break your knees with a baseball bat 'cus you are running too fast" times. You've been warned.

    Grats and all that.

    ReplyDelete