Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

July 17, 2009

eighty-seventh and eighty-eighth (Busy-ness, Poker, and running after pregnancy)

5 miles in 36:40
7 miles in 55:30

Same news. Busy week.
My running week starts on Sundays, but my work week starts on Saturdays. Including today, over the last 7 days I'll have run 45 miles and worked 70 hrs. And played several hands of online poker (with play money...though my long term plan is to pay for my kid's college with my World Series of Poker winnings...hmmm...online poker = online college...probably).
Point being, busy.

My wife is 36 weeks pregnant. She watches my running/marathon training and thinks "I want to run. Right now." She makes plan after plan, trying to figure out how to begin running/training after birth. People say all kinds of things, but mostly that it takes a good chunk of time before you want to start getting in some slow jogging for half a mile. Then building slowly. Hmmm. I wonder if anyone knows much about what it looks like being a runner and wanting to run/train after pregnancy... I bet there is...
advice welcome. I will pass it on and hopefully it will give my wife some more to think about/plan for.

No comments:

Post a Comment