Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

May 03, 2009

thirty-fifth (running club race)

I almost just slept in. I wanted to. We were late, but they started late.
Rocky Mountain Road Runners starts their monthly races based on pace/mile. You get a start time based on past races, so that the slowest start first, the faster start later, and hopefully everyone finishes pretty close together.
I think they tally points based on place and other factors, but I haven't run the races consistently.
Today was 5 miles. I stepped to the starting line and totally spaced that I needed to start my stopwatch. It took me a few seconds into the race to get to the stopwatch function, then delete yesterday's time, and then start it. Not good. 
I finished in about 30:55.

The end of the race was in a park, around a soccer field, and quite a few little kids and their parents were crossing the concrete path as we were trying to sprint to the finish. No casualties as far as I could tell. 

Definitely a good thing to get up and get that run in. I say that every time, but it really is a relief to keep going. With the warm up and cool down, I'm calling it a 6 mile day.




No comments:

Post a Comment