Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

May 11, 2009

forty-first (Longer run)

10 miles. 1:13:00

After talking about my goal workout pattern, I decided to get in a long run today, since I took sunday off.

During the mid run thinking, I wondered how and for what reason I could fit in "Boston" paced mid to longer runs. Meaning, perhaps it would be fun/good to fit in a run every other week or so where I run at Boston qualifying pace. For a 3:10:59 marathon, that's around 7:17/mile

It's a good gut-check kind of run, cause while I normally run my longer runs at a much slower pace, I thought I could hold this pace for a while. Long (run) story short, I was pretty tired after today's run. That could be because of the heat and sun. It's probably because I'm not in good shape to run that pace for 10 miles without a fair amount of discomfort.

I'll have to think more about adding these runs in. I'll probably keep them in the middle length range, if I do. 7-11 miles.

In the distant future, I know I will want to incorporate this pace as part of longer runs of 7-20 miles. Doing the first half of a long run (for example) at easy pace, and then picking it up for the second half in order to average Boston Qual pace. 
I don't know. I don't know.
It's always fun to have time to think while running. In the middle of the day, I might not be patient enough to do long division in my head. I'll just find a calculator.
But during a long run...there is no place to go, so I might as well take 10, 5, 20 min or more and plan all sorts of elaborate pacing/training ideas.


1 comment:

  1. Dude, you said it, now you have to do it. BQ for you. Please note not BBQ. I have that covered. Boston Babeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete