Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 19, 2009

twenty-fourth (Evolution Running. Blogging how-to??)

3 miles, 23 min.
6x9sec steep hill sprints.

I am new to this blogging about running thing. Well, new to the blogging about anything thing.
So I'm not very good at finding new blogs to read, and I'm even less good at being up to date with popular blog discussions.

Whatever the case, I just recently heard of the Evolution Running DVD that talks about long distance running stride and stride efficiency. I saw it on joyRun and I checked it out from the library.

I'm done with the wordy intro and just want to say "I AM EXCITED ABOUT EXPERIMENTING WITH ALTERING MY STRIDE THIS WEEK SINCE IT'S A REST WEEK!!"

Seriously. I think that since I am running fewer miles (and I'm not yet officially in marathon training) I should definitely work on my stride for the next few weeks/months starting this week. My form has never been something to admire. I went through a phase a long time ago (when running track) where I would have super rigid posture and that was not good. Running the 1500m like a piece of plywood. Not cool at all.
I want to be so efficient and just glide across the ground. To look like I don't even notice that I'm running, cause it is so natural. Kind of like Mario Lopez's form. Not that I have ever seen his stride.
Point being, I'm glad I stumbled across the blog and the DVD name and that it ended up in my DVD player, cause I will be working on my stride (gently. No crude overhauling) for the next little while.



1 comment:

  1. If you want to be bombarded with other blogs, go check out runnerslounge.com thats where all teh kewl bloggers go. So I've heard...

    ReplyDelete