Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 21, 2009

twenty-fifth and twenty sixth

4/20 - 4 miles in 30:40 gradual hills
4/21 - 3 miles. Tempo-ish run. in 20:30


I have tried to set a precedent with this rest week. Hopefully (again, according to Run Faster) I will keep my rest weeks similar to normal weeks in that I will run the steep hill sprints, the hills, a faster/moderate paced workout, a long run etc. The only thing that will make it a rest week is the reduction of milage. I'll shorten the weekly total between 20% and 30% by shortening each workout. 

I wonder what other people do doing their rest weeks. I know that a lot of people try not to take breaks. I definitely want to make them a priority, since in my current situation, I'll be increasing my mileage quite a bit over the course of 30 weeks, so I want to avoid injury if possible.
Some people don't reduce mileage during rest weeks but just run all easy runs.
Some do reduce milage and run all easy runs.
Some drop one or more workout days. Instead of running 5 days that week, they'll run four.
Some cross train.
Some don't do a full rest week, but just a couple days off or easy days in a row until they feel ready for the next training push.

That's mostly what I have witnessed/read about. I bet there are plenty of different takes on the "rest week" that I didn't mention.

2 comments:

  1. Dude you are the running scientist. All my runs are rest runs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to cross train on my rest days. Operative word being "try". I'm more inclined to sit on my @$$ & eat instead :)

    ReplyDelete