Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

April 10, 2009

sixteenth

Thursday's run: 1.5 easy split between warm up and cool down.
3 x 1mile repeats at 6:10/mile with 30 second rest between intervals.

My first definately hard workout in a while. I focused a lot on my stride and foot landing. It is incredible how much more efficient the stride is (and because of this, how much faster you move while maintaining an even level of exertion when running with an efficient stride) when you hit closer to a flat-foot landing and when the leg turnover rate is closer to 3 steps/second. I have a lot of practice to do when it comes to establishing an efficient stride, and these longer repeats at somewhere near 5k pace make for an ideal practice.


I still have 12 miles to get in over the next 2 days, so I moved my long run to saturday and will take today as a short recovery run from this last workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment