Imperative sentence-

Imperative Sentence: A sentence that gives advice or instructions or that expresses a request. From the Latin, "command."

example: "Try running."

March 17, 2009

first (and background)

40 minutes. A bit faster than 8/mile, but I'll round up and call it
5 miles.

This is my first run since starting the blog, but here is a summery of where I am at in terms of training.

On again off again sums it up throughout 2008. Wanting to be consistent, but then falling into the 1 or 2 or 0 runs a week for a couple months. Then trying again for 3 weeks.

Then, I jumped into running consistnetly: 4-5 days a week from the beginning of Aug 08, till the end of Sept. I thought I would be in great shape to run a fall 2009 marathon if I was able to maintain a base of training through the winter.
I am part of the Rocky Mountain Road Runners and ran 3 of their races.
The 5k in Aug, after a few day of "official" training: 19:46
An 8 mile in 53:30 in Sept.
October was the beginning of the end. Less consistent. I would work a 60 hour week, and not run at all, but fit in 2 runs over the weekend. Then I would have a decent 3 or 4 days the next week.
A 9 mile in Nov. 1hr and 53sec.

Unfortunately, I ran once or twice in december and once every other week for the first 6 weeks of 2009.


ALL THAT TO SAY...
I ran 3 times 3 weeks ago. 2-2.5 miles each time.
I ran 5 times the week before last: total milage=20miles
I ran 5 times last week: total milage=16 miles
And then I ran today.

Alright. I'm up to date. I know. Trust me, I read a lot about running and training and I know how stupid my training (if you can even call it training) has been.
I have kept the miles slow, and will do so for the remainder of the first 4 weeks worth of running and/or through the end of march.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the June 2.4 mile Trophy Series race with the RMRR. You finished in 14:34, averaging a 6:04 mile.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete